Sewanti Holy Basil Plus - 30 Capsules Immune Booster Formula
Sewanti Ayurvedic Series
Holy Basil Plus NPN 80023212
Size: 30 Vege Capsules 500 mg
Description: Holy Basil Plus is a synergistic formula with traditional herbs like Ashwagandha and Curcumin in a 22:1 ratio. In Ayurveda, the word Rasayana means herbs that support excellent health.
Adult Dose: Take 1-2 capsules 2 times a day. Take before meals or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Recommended Use or purpose: Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as a rejuvenative tonic (Rasayana)
|Proper Name||Source Material||Common Name||Quantity||Extract|
|Ocimum Tenuiflorum||Herb||Holy Basil||275 mg||22:1 DHE: 6050 mg|
|Withania somnifera||Roots||Ashwagandha||60 mg||22:1 DHE : 1320 mg|
|Phyllanthus Emblica||Fruit||Amla||40 mg||22:1 DHE : 880 mg|
|Plumbago zeylanica||Roots||Ceylon leadwort||50 mg||22:1 DHE : 1100 mg|
|Curcuma Longa||Rhizome||Turmeric||25 mg||22:1 DHE : 550 mg|
|Milettia Pinnata||Aged Bark||Indian Beech||50 mg||22:1 DHE : 1100 mg|
Non-medicinal ingredients: vegetable capsule (hypromellose & water)
Sealed for your protection. Contains no artificial preservatives, color, sweeteners, corn, dairy, soy, starch, wheat, yeast or animal products. Note: For therapeutic use only. Keep out of reach of children. Store in cool, dry place. Drink sufficient purified water daily.
Cautions and Warning
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use concomitantly with drugs or natural health products with sedative properties
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking antiplatelet medication or blood thinners.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have gallstones.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have stomach ulcers or excess stomach acid.
- Do not use if you have bile obstruction.
For information on research for this formulation, see the research page
Vegan, gluten-free, Canadian made, soy-free, lactose-free, organic, natural, kosher, fair trade, non-GMO verified, vegetarian, NSF certified, peanut-free.
Sewanti has conducted considerable research in verifying that this formulation is based on scientific research that has demonstrated the effectiveness of the ingredients in improving your health.
Selected Research References for Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum), Ashwaghanda, (Withania somnifera), Indian Beech (Pongamia pinnata), Rose Leadwort (Plumbago indica), Indian Gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica), Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part Vol 2 page 170-173
- Indian Medicinal plants forgotten healers by Dr. Prakash Paranjpe page 262-263
- Gupta SK, Prakash J, Srivastava S., Validation of traditional claim of Tulsi, Ocimum sanctum Linn. as a medicinal plant.
- Major Herbs of Ayurveda pages 321-324
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part 1 vol 1 page 19-20
- Indian J Exp Biol. 2000 Jun;38(6):607-9.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India page 84-85
- Indian medicinal plants forgotten healers by Dr. Prakash Paranjpe page 124-125
Plumbago Indica – Plumbago Zeylanica
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part 1 vol 1 page 39-40
- Indian medicinal plants forgotten healers by Dr Prakash Paranjpe Page 62-63
- Major Herbs of Ayurveda Page 210-213
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part I vol 1 Page 7-8
- Database on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda - Vol I Page – 152
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India part 1 vol 1 page 60-61