Neti Pot for Travel
Neti Pot is a tool used for nasal irrigation. It naturally cleanses, refreshes, and protects the nasal passages, one of our body's first lines of defense against illness. Recommended by doctors and pharmacists worldwide, the Neti Pot has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to alleviate sinus congestion and allergy problems. Recent clinical studies have shown that nasal irrigation is effective in improving symptoms of patients with sinus infection. Nasal irrigation is safe for pregnant women in colds and congestion.
Neti Pot use
- Fill the neti pot with saline solution made with 1 tsp. of Himalayan salt to 2 cups of warm purified water. Place head over a sink so that solution can drain from the nose into the sink. Insert neti pot spout into a nostril and begin pouring the solution into the nostril while breathing through the mouth only. Empty the pot in this manner.
- Gently blow your nose into a tissue to excrete any excess solution left in the nasal passages and remove any loosened mucus.
- Repeat the process with the other nostril.
- Persons who had recent (within one year) a sinus puncture operation or middle ear surgery should avoid the use of neti pot.
- If there is any injury in the nasal passage or nasal bleeding seek medical guidance from your health care practitioner.