Sewanti Stressnil 90 Capsule - Relieves Anxiety and Insomnia
Sewanti Ayurvedic Series
Stressnil NPN 80023388
Ayurvedic Formula to Relieve Anxiety and Insomnia
Size: 90 Vege Capsules 500 mg
- Stressnil is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicines to alleviate anxiety and insomnia.
- Contains a 35:1 extract of 6 herbs to promote calm.
Adult Dose: 2 capsules on empty stomach before bedtime. The dosage could be increased to 4 capsules twice daily or as suggested by a health care practitioner.
Recommended Use or purpose: Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to relieve anxiety and insomnia.
|Proper Name||Source Material||Common Name||Quantity||Extract|
|Bacopa monnieri||Herb||Bacopa||76.09 mg||N/A|
|Bacopa monnieri||Herb||bacopa||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
|Clitoria ternatea||Root||Shakhapushpam||76.09 mg N/A|
|Clitoria ternatea||Root||Shakhapushpam||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
|Elaeocarpus angustifolius||Fruit||Rudraksha||76.09 mg||N/A|
|Elaeocarpus angustifolius||Fruit||Rudraksha||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
|Phyllanthus Emblica||Fruit||Amla||76.09 mg||N/A|
|Phyllanthus Emblica||Fruit||Amla||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
|Sarcostemma brevistigma||Herb||Mooncreeper||76.09 mg||N/A|
|Sarcostemma brevistigma||Herb||Mooncreeper||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
|Valeriana Jatamansi||Rhizome||Jatamamsi||76.09 mg||N/A|
|Valeriana Jatamansi||Rhizome||Jatamamsi||7.24 mg||35:1 DHE: 253.4 mg|
Non-medicinal ingredients: vegetable capsule (hypromellose & water)
Sealed for your protection. Contains no artificial preservatives, color, sweeteners, corn, dairy, soy, starch, wheat, yeast or animal products. Note: For therapeutic use only. Keep out of reach of children. Store in cool, dry place. Drink sufficient purified water daily.
Cautions and Warning
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use concomitantly with drugs or natural products with sedative properties.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms worsen or sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks.
- Excise caution if operating heavy machinery or driving a motor vehicle within 2 hours of consumption.
For information on research for this formulation, see the research page
Sewanti has conducted considerable research in verifying that this formulation is based on scientific research that has demonstrated the effectiveness of the ingredients in improving your health.
Double Blind Placebo-controlled study
The research team at Sewanti conducted a placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial in Kerala India, for a period of 3 months on 76 patients in an age group of 20-40 years, who showed symptoms of mental stress. Significant relief was noted among the treatment group.
Selected research references for the ingredients in Stressnil
- J A Parrotta, Healing Plants of Peninsular India, page 132-133
- Kumar PS, Soni K, Saraf MN. In vitro Tocolytic activity of Sarcostemma brevistigma Wight. Indian J Pharm Sci 2006;68:190-194
- Khare, NK Kumar, R Khare, MP Khare, A novel pregnane derivative from Sarcostemma brevistigma.
- J A Parrotta, Healing Plants of Peninsular India page 382-383
- Dr. Prakash Paranjpe, Indian Medicinal Plants Forgotten Healers Page 14-15
- Devi BP, Boominathan R, Mandal SC, Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties of Clitoria ternatea root. Fitoterapia. 2003 Jun;74(4):345-9.
- Jain NN, Ohal CC, Shroff SK, Bhutada RH, Somani RS, Kasture VS, Kasture SB,clitoria ternatea and the CNS. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003 Jun;75(3):529-36.
- Rai KS, Murthy KD, Karanth KS, Rao MS.Clitoria ternatea (Linn) root extract treatment during growth spurt period enhances learning and memory in rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2001 Jul;45(3):305-13.
- J A Parrotta, Healing Plants of Peninsular India page 660
- Dr Prakash Paranjpe, Indian Medicinal Plants Forgotten Healers Page 54-55
- Chaudhuri PK, Srivastava R, Kumar S, Kumar S., Phytotoxic and antimicrobial constituents of Bacopa monnieri and Holmskioldia sanguinea, Phytother Res. 2004 Feb;18(2):114-7.
- D'Souza P, Deepak M, Rani P, Kadamboor S, Mathew A, Chandrashekar AP, Agarwal A., Brine shrimp lethality assay of Bacopa monnieri, Phytother Res. 2002 Mar;16(2):197-8
- Roodenrys S, Booth D, Bulzomi S, Phipps A, Micallef C, Smoker J., Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) on human memory. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Aug;27(2):279-81.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part 1 vol 6 Page 104
- Nadkarni, K. M. 1976, Indian Maderia Medica. Page 354
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India part 1 vol 1 page 7-8
- Database on medicinal parts used in Ayurveda vol III page 11
- Chawla YK, Dubey P, Singh R, Nundy S, Tandon BN, Treatment of dyspepsia with Amalaki (Emblica officinalis Linn.)--an Ayurvedic drug.
- Khan MT, Lampronti I, Martello D, Bianchi N, Jabbar S, Choudhuri, Datta BK, Gambari R, Identification of pyrogallol as an antiproliferative compound present in extracts from the medicinal plant Emblica officinalis: effects on in vitro cell growth of human tumor cell lines.
- Sairam K, Rao ChV, Babu MD, Kumar KV, Agrawal VK, K Goel RK. Antiulcerogenic effect of methanolic extract of Emblica officinalis: an experimental study, J Ethnopharmacol 2002 Sep;82(1):1-9.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India Part 1 vol 1 Page 67-68
- Indian Medicinal Plants Forgotten Healers Dr. Prakash Paranjpe Page 104 -105
- Joshi H. Parle.M, Nardostachys jatamansi improves learning and memory in mice. J Med Food. 2006 Spring;9(1):113-8.
- PMID: 16579738 [PubMed - in process]Moghe PJ Utpat NA Sadre NL , Effect of valmus and its ingredients on isolation syndrome in mice
- Rucker G, Tautqes J, Sieck A, Wenzi H, Graf E Isolation and pharmacodynamic activity of the sesquiterpene valeranone from Nardostachys jatamansi DC
- Salim S, Ahmad M, Zafar KS, Ahmad AS, Islam F., Protective effect of Nardostachys jatamansi in rat cerebral ischemia. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003 Jan;74(2):481-6.